More than Hardware — Spectrum Insight Professional Services
ISCO International is a pace-setting wireless communications solutions provider and global supplier of radio frequency management & spectrum conditioning. ISCO employees are experts in radio frequency (RF), network noise sources, and 3G and LTE interference mitigation. Driven by customer focus and technical innovation, ISCO increases the value of customers' wireless networks. ISCO brings to the wireless market a suite of highly differentiated solutions for mobile wireless operators, network infrastructure providers and other resellers of wireless products and solutions ISCO's Spectrum Insight family of professional services offers our RF expertise for special events, site audits and custom consulting.
Special events have high visibility and importance, but are unpredictable and encounter unexpected RF challenges. Eventimization is a professional service offering that leverages ISCO's industry leading spectrum conditioning expertise, the Proteus® equipment and our proprietary data analysis software to optimize the RF environment of the special event while it is in progress. This service provides ISCO's RF Engineers on-site before and during the event to:
- Perform a health check on the spectrum conditioning solution (and install equipment if not already in place)
- Execute real-time Proteus configuration changes based on optimization recommendations
- Collect data and compile reports which show interference events and mitigation activity
The benefits of Eventimization include:
- Mitigation of persistent and random interference as it occurs.
- Real-time spectral analysis.
- Immediate high level analysis and reporting per customer request.
- On-site technical support for trouble resolution.
- Correlation of interference events with network KPI performance across multiple zones.
Standard Integration Audit
ISCO offers a variety of solutions to fit many RF environments and OEM vendors. Each has its own unique characteristics and requirements that will drive the exact ultimate configuration. During the Standard Integration Audit, ISCO will capture the necessary information through three activities to determine the best solution and the exact equipment configuration required:
- Audit the physical environment and existing equipment
- Conduct a basic audit of the spectrum
- Determine the correct solution and deliver the final configuration
The benefits of a Standard Integration Audit include:
- Enable the on-time installation of new equipment, limiting burden on customer staff and minimizing the chance of return site visits.
- Reduce the possibility of a change order due to unexpected requirements encountered during installation.
- Design the right solution and configuration the first time so everything functions correctly.
- Define the detailed integration into the current environment upfront, allowing for proactive site prep if required.
ISCO's staff of trained and qualified technicians and certified contractors are available to install a wide variety of RF equipment in wireless service provider cell sites.
Installation services include:
- Pickup and delivery of the product to customer site
- Unpacking and verification
- Grooming and providing power as required
- Install and dress all cabling professionally
- Color code all installed cables
- Confirm unit configuration and modify as needed
- Confirm the unit is operating properly by conducting a before and after test
- Verify event logging is turned on and operational
- Provide digital photos of the site if requested
- Confirm antenna function test is operational (if applicable)
- Prepare alarm cabling
- Revisit site if required, at no charge, to address any installation issues
ISCO offers 7x24x365 telephone support for all ISCO products. Depending on the service plan, coverage ranges from basic repair service to advanced replacement to on-site service by ISCO technicians. Maintenance services available for purchase cover all hardware, firmware and software purchased by ISCO customers.
Market Performance Assessment
Experienced ISCO engineers and technicians are available to conduct a performance analysis of our customers' wireless networks. Looking at the entire RF network for the market, ISCO's experience and expertise will help a wireless service provider identify opportunities to improve performance. In existing wireless networks our technical experts will work with customers to evaluate RF signal levels, identify potential sources of physical layer impairments including 3G and LTE interference, recommend strategies for reducing performance-affecting impairments, and implement performance measurements to demonstrate success.
As a result of the assessment ISCO engineers will identify cell sites that can reduce RSSI levels, increase ERLANGs, increase mbps throughput and improve overall KPI performance metrics. Other valuable information provided will be a network-wide identification of diversity imbalances, sector imbalances, uneven traffic loading and coverage gaps.
System Performance Assessment
Similar to a Market Performance Assessment, but a System Assessment is limited to a single cell site. Sometimes an immediate service situation needs to be resolved making a System Performance Assessment of a single site the right choice. The focus is on a single site and provides a quick assessment and recommended remedy.
Custom Design Services
ISCO is deep in engineering expertise pertaining to design and development of complex RF products and operating in hostile environments, especially where LTE interference is present. Different than consumer products, ISCO engineering experience comes from over 20 years designing, developing and delivering mission critical communication infrastructure equipment for the wireless telecommunications industry. No less than five 9's quality and performance is acceptable, and that is the standard for ISCO designs and what its products deliver. For your special mission critical RF designs, ISCO is available to deliver on your requirements.