Senior level programmer with a broad engineering skills, innovative spirit, and desire to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment. Candidate should have a background in wireless communication with experience working with embedded Linux at application and kernel levels and a practical knowledge of ARM and/or Altera Nios processors.
This is an excellent position for a talented, motivated engineer seeking the opportunity to make a broad impact.
Reports to: Vice President - Engineering
Education/Experience: BS in Engineering, MSEE is a plus, and a minimum of ten years related experience.
- Embedded SW development, Linux User Space, Linux Kernel/Drivers
- Test, validate and debug issues using RF measurement equipment like Spectrum Analyzers
- Design and implement embedded SW for Linux platform which is interfacing to FPGA and DSP
- Strong C/C++ programming skills in an embedded Linux environment
- Familiar with flash memory technology and proficient with Linux device driver development and debugging.
- Familiar with TCP/IP protocols with hands-on experience debugging networking issues.
- Familiar with PCIe, SPI, I2C protocols and specifications and have hands-on experience in debugging device hardware and software issues
- Experience with the complete software development life cycle, from requirements to design, implementation, testing, and release
- Ability to effectively communicate via oral and written communications with senior management and technical staff
- Knowledge and experience in adjacent areas — DSP software and/or FPGA
- Ability to understand and maintain Python and Bash scripts on Linux platforms.
- Experience with Linux server platforms including Ubuntu
- Experience with automated system testing
- Familiarity with ISO 9001:2000 quality standard requirements for documenting all phases of data acquisition is a plus but not necessary.