Reporting directly to the VP of Product Management, the Senior Product Manager will be a key contributor to the growth and future success of the company. Building on current success, products and momentum, the company is looking to evolve its business into new solutions. This person will be instrumental in identifying new market opportunities, defining and prioritizing customer and product requirements, engaging the development engineering teams, and working with marketing to get new products and services to market with compelling value propositions.
This role requires a significant combination of technical and business skills to drive product definition and requirements. The right candidate will understand wireless telecomm networks, LTE and the FirstNet network first and foremost and can ramp up understanding of the growing 5G, DAS and small cell marketplace and the value of network optimization. This person should be aware of the technology and customer needs of the top cellular wireless operators, be able to project total available market sizes for new businesses ventures, lead new product definition and drive product requirements creation, prioritization and implementation. A key attribute is the ability to translate features into customer value. The candidate must also be able to identify the critical success factors that will impact new business opportunities. The successful candidate must also be a strong communicator, able to explain the reasoning behind requirements and ensure alignment of all involved parties to the product plan.
This is an individual contributor position located at ISCO’s Schaumburg, IL headquarters and will have high levels of visibility with ISCO’s senior leadership team. The Senior Product Manager is expected to travel when required to explore partner and customer opportunities and to promote ISCO’s products and services; up to 25% travel is possible at times. Relocation is not available for this position.
- Experience in the wireless industry as a Product Manager, successfully managed development and roll out of a product and/or service
- Combination of technical and business experience
- Technical foundation: Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated business acumen: business education/MBA or equivalent business experience
Other Essential Abilities and Skills:
- Self-starter, internally-motivated with the demonstrated ability to work with little direction and oversight and a demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Ability to work with a distributed sales force to collect input and provide sales tools to move product ideas forward
- Ability to prioritize and translate product features into customer value and create value propositions and business cases supporting ISCO’s solutions
- Strong verbal and written communicator with advanced Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Resiliency, high energy and ability to function exceptionally well in a startup-like environment