ISCO is a wireless systems solutions company and manufacturer providing solutions and subsystems to wireless service providers such as AT&T, Verizon for over 20 years. Reporting to the Director of Sales Engineering, this individual will be a key contributor to the success and growth of ISCO. The ISCO sales process employs a consultative approach bringing together an understanding of customer challenges with network information, analysis and ISCO’s RF spectrum conditioning products. This individual is expected to be able to assess complex wireless network RF performance issues, create and prove out a solution then professionally present the winning solution to ISCO customers. This person will engage in the pre and post sale activities as required.
This position is for someone who is looking to utilize a unique blend of highly technical and business development skills in a “startup size” company environment. The position also requires mostly domestic travel up to 50%.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in the wireless telecommunications industry with emphasis on Radio Access in UMTS and LTE technologies
- At least 2 years working experience with LTE in the areas of RF performance, RF performance testing and analysis. Knowledge of VoLTE is a definite plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in the wireless industry, wireless operators or equipment manufactures in a customer facing position is a definite plus
- Firm grasp of Network Topology and Performance KPI Metrics
- Working knowledge of base station equipment, RF test equipment
- Good understanding of U.S. Domestic Wireless competitive landscape
- Solid understanding of basic RF concepts such a filters, link budgets, receiver sensitivity, etc.
- Hands on experience with basic RF measurements such noise figure and spectral measurements
- Fluency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word
Other Essential Abilities, Skills and Requirements:
- Ability to travel on short notice up to 50% of the time
- The ability to personally conduct consultative customer engagements as the lead engineer
- Exceptional work ethic and character
- Team oriented
- Strong verbal and written communicator, with a demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Resiliency, high energy and ability to function exceptionally well in a start-up environment
- Proven self-starter, with the demonstrated ability to work with little direction and oversight
- Strong technical, problem solving and analytical abilities